A shooting incident occurred at the Ateneo de Zamboanga campus
On August 18, 2026, local law enforcement responded to a reported shooting incident at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University (AdZU).
Local media outlets such as eMEDiA MO FM and RMN Zamboanga initiated live feeds verifying that the area had been cordoned off as investigators assessed the situation.
Based on a Redditor’s post, the shooting incident occurred at approximately 8:19 AM on Tuesday. It was said that five gunshots were heard by people outside the school.

Initial reports stated that the shooter was identified as a Grade 7 student. The shooter reportedly killed two of his classmates, and then, he shot himself. On the other hand, a post from RMN Zamboanga stated that the suspect is in Grade 8.
According to the post, authorities responded minutes later but was too late to get to the incident.
Based on social media livestreams of local media outlets, people have started gathering around the school premises as the authorities started investigating.
The lates update from RMN Zamboanga stated that the situation is now under control.
Parents and guardians were also told to wait for the designated pick-up time before proceeding to the FANCC to fetch your children.
To recall, a school shooting incident also shocked the online community last June. This happened in San Jose National High School in Tacloban. Reports stated that 3 students died and one of them was Chris Lorenz Fabian, who was considered as a hero because he sacrificed himself in order for his classmates to escape the shooters.
Update from ABS-CBN News:
Police Regional Office 9 PIO Maj. Shellamie Chang stated that two students have been identified as victims of the shooting. Law enforcement operatives, including members of the Scene of the Crime Operation (SOCO), are currently at the site as police investigate the identity of the gunman.








