Tito Sotto Speaks on Bato dela Rosa amid Senator’s Absence Since November 11

0
31


Senate Pres. Tito Sotto Speaks on Bato dela Rosa amid Senator’s Absence Since November 11

TITO SOTTO – The Senate President spoke on Senator Bato dela Rosa amid his prolonged absence from November 11, 2025.

Former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte remains detained under the custody of the International Criminal Court. Last November 28, the ICC denied the interim release appeal of Duterte. It was followed by the claim of Ombudsman Jesus Crispin “Boying” Remulla that the ICC has allegedly issued an arrest warrant against Sen. Bato dela Rosa.

Rodrigo Duterte, Bato Dela Rosa 1
Photo Source: POLITIKO

Dela Rosa was the chief of the Philippine National Police during the term of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte. In the case against Duterte before the ICC, “Dela Rosa” was mentioned. While there was reportedly no first name mentioned, the person was described as chief PNP.

Since the arrest of former Pres. Rodrigo Duterte, Sen. Bato dela Rosa was vocal about his claim that he is allegedly the next person that the ICC wants to arrest and investigate. Following the claim of the Ombudsman, he was no show in the Senate sessions since it resumed last November 11.

Bato dela Rosa

Recently, amid his prolonged absence in the Senate, presidential sister and Sen. Imee Marcos claimed that Sen. Bato dela Rosa is still working. According to the Senator, the former PNP chief turned Senator still gets to sign important documents. Both of them are members of the Duterte bloc in the upper chamber.

Senate Pres. Tito Sotto also recently spoke on Sen. Bato dela Rosa. Based on a post of GMA News, the Senate Chief claimed that Dela Rosa is allegedly not reaching out to him but his office is still operating.

tito sotto
📷: Inquirer

“Wala, hindi kumo-kontak sa’kin eh. ‘Yung mga phone numbers niya sa’kin, there were, I think, about two or three times na tinext ko, wala namang reply… Sa text hindi nagrereply, tawag pa lalo,” the Senate President said.

According to Senate Pres. Tito Sotto, his last text message to Sen. Bato dela Rosa was for the deliberations of the proposed 2026 national budget by the bicameral conference committee. He’s supposedly part of the bicam.

Bato Dela Rosa 2
Photo Source: OneNews.PH

Meanwhile, despite the alleged silence of Sen. Bato dela Rosa, Senate Pres. Tito Sotto claimed that his office is still functioning. Based on the report, he even claimed that they allegedly had several colleagues before who were like that.

“Marami naman kaming nakasama nung araw na ganon naman talaga eh. Hindi porket hindi pumapasok, eh hindi umaandar ang opisina mo. Si Senator Bato, umaandar ang opisina niya,” Sotto said.

Senate Pres. Tito Sotto also stressed that he is not forcing his fellow lawmakers to report to the Senate ever since. According to him, it’s the personal decision of Sen. Bato dela Rosa already and he will have to answer to those who voted for him as long as his office continues to function.

Previously, photos of Sen. Bato dela Rosa and his lawyer amid his supposed hiding from the authorities were posted by his legal counsel on social media. It came shortly after the lawyer claimed that the Senator has stopped responding to his messages.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here